Request for Proposals - Boise 150 Operations Plan Preparation
March 10, 2011
The Department of Arts & History requests proposals to
prepare an operations plan for celebrating Boise's 150th
Anniversary in 2013.
Prepare a final report outlining the plan, which should include
the following content:
- Summary of recommendations for programming components and the
indirect and direct role of the Department of Arts &
- Strategy for incorporating content experts into concept and
- Strategy for public engagement and community partner
- Outline the types and composition of working committees.
- Provide recommendations for support and participation from
other City departments.
- Identify organizations, groups, and individuals who are
potentially promising participants either as collaborators for a
City-sponsored program, as presenters of their own program, or as
- Marketing/Communications/Public Relations strategies and costs
to promote Boise 150 during the planning phase and throughout
- Budget recommendations for preparation and implementation
(October 2011 - December 2013)
- Include estimated Department of Arts & History direct
expenditures (Department-sponsored programs, marketing, staffing,
- Estimate costs for possible City support of community partners'
- Identify details of potential funding sources, such as grants
- Prioritize budget expenditures that will serve as an outline
for contingency planning if full implementation of the Boise 150
plan is not feasible due to funding issues.