Arts & History Advisory Team
CONTACT: Jennifer Yribar, firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Thank you for your interest in serving as a volunteer for the Boise City Department of Arts & History on the Arts & History Advisory Team (AHAT). AHAT aligns arts and history programmatic functions with volunteer advisory input. Members of AHAT will understand all aspects of A&H – and the role that art, history, and cultural programs play in making a livable community – which will assist the department meet the vision of City of Boise to be a Lasting, Innovative, and Vibrant community. AHAT members serve on selection teams, review panels, and special projects teams. Involvement will ensure community input on a variety of projects.
As you apply for AHAT, please understand that members will provide input, but will not approve public art project designs or formally accept historic artifacts, which is the purview of the A&H Commission and City Council. Prospective AHAT members will be required to:
▪ Attend a team meeting three to four times a year.
▪ Attend training sessions to learn about the department and its role in the City, including the public art selection and maintenance process, about history programs, grant opportunities, and more.
▪ Serve on a public art selection team, a special task/project team, an advisory team, a grant panel, etc.
▪ Attend cultural events as a department ambassador to help meet community outreach goals.
In addition, AHAT members
▪ Cannot apply for contract work with the department.
▪ Cannot apply for grants offered through the department.
▪ Cannot work for the City of Boise