Grove Street Illuminated (2003) by Amy Westover; Image courtesy of Boise State University (2019)
Idaho's capital city comes to life with a magnetic array of public art. There's nowhere more exciting than the City's core, with creative works that disrupt our routines; asking us to celebrate, to remember, to poke fun at and invest personal energy into this place that we love. Find your favorites!
Join our Public Art Program Team every third Saturday during the months of April through October for a two-hour walking tour to explore the public art collection located in downtown Boise. The tour will begin and end on the Capitol Blvd. plaza at City Hall (150 N. Capitol Blvd.). Tour starts at 10 a.m. and ends at noon (12 p.m.). Free and open to the public. No registration required. However, space is limited to 25 participants welcomed on a first-come, first-served basis.
WALKING TOUR DATES (all times MT):
- Saturday, April 17, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Saturday, May 15, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Saturday, June 19, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Saturday, July 17, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Saturday, August 21, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Saturday, September 18, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Saturday, October 16, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
We ask that all participants observe the following protocols to ensure the safety of all and a healthy experience while joining one of our live walking tours:
- If you are sick, please call or visit us online.
- Wear a mask if you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Please stay at least 6 feet away from others outside of your immediate household.
- Wash or sanitize your hands often.
- This will be a walking tour; participants are advised to wear appropriate shoes and bring along a water bottle.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our community healthy.
You may also enjoy a self-guided tour of Boise's public art collection using our interactive map or by downloading a public art brochure. You may also request one or the series at email@example.com.
The Boise City Department of Arts & History encourages persons with disabilities and those who require language assistance to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing an accommodation, please contact Jennifer Yribar, 208-608-7051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible, but no later than 72 hours before the event.