Grants

The City of Boise’s Arts & History Grant program funds quality arts, history or cultural projects that benefit people living in Boise city limits. Follow along using #AHgrant.

  

A&H Grant Program

The Department of Arts & History awards funding annually to to support people in established and emerging cultural fields with projects designed to benefit Boise residents.

The grant program operates on a yearly cycle. The upcoming dates are listed below.

Opens: May 1, 2018
Closes: June 19, 2018.
 
Decisions Announced: By early September 2018
Funding Available: Starting October 1, 2018 (first 80% of award); the remaining 20% of the award is mailed after submitting a final report.
Funding Range: Between $1,000 and $5,000.

Interested in Applying? Follow these steps.

  1. Read the information and criteria closely to learn about the the grant program guidelines.
  2. Attend a workshop to learn more about the grant program and tips for applying.
  3. Contact the grant manager (Amy Fackler) to talk about your proposal by phone, email, or a personal meeting.
  4. If you decide to apply, set up a ZoomGrants account. If you already have one, make sure you have your username and password. (If you can't log in, please contact ZoomGrants directly.)  NOTE: Applications open May 1, 2018. You can still open a ZoomGrants account prior to that date if you don't already have one, but the FY2019 application will not be available until May 1.
  5. Set aside time to work on your application. Ask for help from others as needed.
  6. Optional: Contact Amy Fackler to request a draft review of your application.
  7. Submit your application no later than June 19, 2018!
     

Application-Related Quick Links - Check back May 1, 2018 to start your application! 

ZoomGrants Link - Application will be accessible starting May 1, 2018. 
FY2019 - Grant Info & Criteria 
FY2019 - WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
ZoomGrants Tutorial 1 (General) 

ZoomGrants Tutorial 2 (Uploading Files) 

Additional Grant Program Information

Grant Review Process
Current FY2018 and Past A&H Grant Recipients
#AHGrant
Grant Guide - General Tips When Applying for Grants 

Other Grant Opportunities

Find more opportunities for people in Boise working in the arts, history, and culture.

Header Image Credit: Off Center Dance, 2017