Arts & History Grants
FY2022 Arts & History Grant Recipient LED: Performance of Silver City | Photography by Casual Creative
The City of Boise’s Arts & History Grant program funds quality arts, history and cultural projects that benefit people living in Boise city limits. Since 1997, the city has awarded over 500 grants with a total disbursement of over $1.8 million. Follow along using #AHGrant.
Grant Guidelines (General information)
Grant Criteria (What reviewers look for during evaluation)
Grant Information Sessions
Resources & Support
Additional Grant Program Information
Discover Grant Recipient Highlights
The Department of Arts & History awards funding annually to support people in established and emerging cultural fields with projects designed to benefit Boise residents. The Grant Program operates on a yearly cycle by fiscal years (October 1 through September 30).
The Arts & History Grants application window for fiscal year 2024 opens on May 1 and closes on June 16, 2023.
Learn about the types of grant proposals the City of Boise supports and instructions on how to apply.
Criteria help guide reviewers evaluate your proposal. Find out which criteria will be used.
The Arts & History Grants application window for fiscal year 2024 opens on May 1 and closes on June 16, 2023. Join us for one of four Grant Information Sessions:
- May 2, 2023, 12-1 p.m. | View Recorded Presentation
- May 4, 2023, 12-1 p.m. | Boise Public Library (Main) - Join Us
- May 6, 2023, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. | Global Lounge Commons (3085 N Cole Rd, Ste 201) - Join Us
- May 10, 2023, 6-7 p.m. | Global Lounge Commons (3085 N Cole Rd, Ste 201) - Join Us
View the Arts & History Event Calendar.
The Department of Arts & History uses the ZoomGrants platform for Grant applications. Need help with creating an account or have other ZoomGrants questions? Review a ZoomGrants Tutorial or head to ZoomGrants HELP & FAQs.
ZoomGrants link (access your existing account or create a new account)
- ZoomGrants Tutorial
- ZoomGrants HELP & FAQs
- Arts & History Event Calendar (features some current Grant Recipients)
- Grant Review Process
- Current and Past Arts & History Grant Recipients
- Find more opportunities for people living in Boise working in the arts, history, and culture.
Awards span a variety of projects and programs to support the City of Boise's vision of creating a city for everyone. This work is framed by the city’s commitment to fostering and valuing diversity, equity, and inclusion. Examples include:
- Established and emerging performing arts organizations
- Historical or preservation related projects
- Literary-based groups
- Community cultural events
- Educational programs and workshops
- Individual projects (must benefit Boise residents and be accessible to the public)
- Non-arts or cultural groups with projects that integrate artistic or cultural components into existing infrastructure or programming
Browse a list of current and past Grant Recipients.