GRANT REVIEW PROCESS
Staff makes every effort to provide a fair and equitable review of all grant applications
- A&H staff convenes a review panel to review and score each application. A review panel includes members of the A&H Commission, A&H Advisory Team, and professionals or knowledgeable community members in arts and history fields. Note: All participants in the A&H grant review panel are bound by a conflict of interest policy. An actual or apparent conflict of interest relates to a fiduciary, professional, or personal relationship with an applicant that would prevent an unbiased review.
- The review panel reviews grants independently over a period of at least three weeks.
- The review panel convenes* and evaluates and scores the applications according to the criteria listed in the guidelines.
- A&H staff analyzes recommendations from the panel review.
- A&H staff presents final recipients to the mayor and city council members and provides at least one week for comment or questions prior to sending applicant notifications of acceptance status.
- A&H staff notifies grant applicants of award status.