Grant Guidelines (FY2022)

          
Boise City Department of Arts & History Grants -  Applicant Guidelines (FY2022)

Download a pdf of these Grant Guidelines


General Guidelines
 
The City of Boise’s Arts & History Grant program funds quality arts, history, or cultural projects that benefit Boise residents. If you have a project or initiative to develop, document, research, share, or reflect upon Boise’s culture - We welcome you to apply! You can apply as an individual or as a representative of an organization; the key is that Boise residents need to be able to access your project for free or at a low cost (ideally have some access for $20 or less per person).

 We accept applications from people in both established and emerging cultural fields: You may be from or represent a professional cultural group - or - you may be just starting out in an arts, history, or cultural field. If you have an idea, please call or email the grants manager to talk about whether it is a good fit for this program.  

 Proposals are evaluated based on the following criteria (see Grant Criteria information for details):  

 The purpose for the grant program is to help build, evolve, and reinforce a strong and equitable cultural community in Boise.  We envision the program helping to bring people together to expand perspectives  and build positive relationships.
 
The Arts & History (A&H) Grants program connects with the City of Boise’s vision to create a city for everyone and reflects priorities as set forth in the City of Boise Cultural Master Plan. We want this grant program to help you share your talents and inspiration to Boise’s unique character and sense of community.

 New this Year


Covid-19

We recognize the uncertainty and challenges with planning cultural projects and events in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic. With cautious optimism, we hope that the Covid-19 infections continue to decrease and vaccinations increase throughout the application window (and beyond!).

Check the City’s Covid-19 Orders and Community Information page for updates on the latest policies and recommendations. Especially note the recommended crowd sizes and Central District Health form for public events that must be approved before submitting applications to the City of Boise’s Special Events team.

FY2021 - Grant Opening and Closing Dates 
For projects that occur between October 1, 2021 – September 30, 2022

Grants Open: May 1, 2021 
Grants Close: June 16, 2021 at 11:59pm (A&H Staff assistance ends at 5:00pm on this date.) 

 Of Note:

How to Apply 
Create an account (or log into existing account) on ZoomGrants. Follow instructions on the A&H website: www.boiseartsandhistory.org/grants or register directly at http://www.zoomgrants.com/.

Funding Amounts 
The Department offers awards between $1,000 and $5,000 (in $500 increments). Most grant recipients are awarded the full amount requested. Note: Funding requests cannot exceed 50% of total expenses as outlined in the budget Excel sheet in the Attachments section of the application. 

Funding Limitations – Three consecutive annual awards

Suggestions for Applicants  

 Note on Funding: We will process the first 80% of a grant award after the recipient (1) signs the Agreement; (2) fills out a W9 form; and (3) submits an invoice. The remaining 20% of the award is processed after the recipient submits a final report and invoice.


Who Can Apply
 

Individuals*, nonprofit organizations, other organizations, and businesses may all apply for an Arts & History grant. You can only apply for one grant per year.

We encourage persons with disabilities and those who require language assistance to apply. If you anticipate needing accommodation, please contact Jennifer Yribar, (208) 608-7051 or email jyribar@cityofboise.org as soon as possible, but not later than 72 hours before the application is due. To request assistance, you may also dial TTY 1-800-377-3529.


*Individuals may apply, but this grant does not fund professional development or creation of individual work without a public component (that is, having the work accessible for free or low cost to the public).  

 
Basic Eligibility Standards  

To be considered for funding through the A&H grant program, proposals must: 


Types of Applications Accepted  
We strive to fund a wide range of projects and initiatives with an arts, history, or cultural focus, such as (but not limited to) the following*: 

*Free or low-cost experiences ($20 or less per person) are most appropriate for this grant program. If there is a range of ticket prices, your proposal is more likely to be accepted if you have some available at low or no cost.

Ineligible Applications 

The following types of organizations and requests are not eligible for funding(Note: This list is not exhaustive.)